...everyone in the class chants "AUM" in the most beautiful, harmonized, and in-pitch tone. A peaceful resonance that lingers in your mind long after the last "mmmmm" has died down.
The kind of tone that naturally leads the body and mind to quiet meditation.
A musical sound that releases any tensions in the face and turns the corners of your mouth into a gentle smile.
A = creation (Brahma) U = preservation, balance in the world (Vishnu) M = completion of cycle of existence (Shiva)
- Consists of 3 vocal sounds: A (ahhh), U (ohhh), M (mmmm); and the 4th sound being the surrounding silence that ensues
- In the Vedas (the ancient Sanskrit scriptures), AUM is the sound of the sun and light
- Links our dream state, the conscious state, and the subconscious state
- The sound of the universe that connects one with all beings and creatures of the macrocosm
- Encompasses all the sounds the human vocal chord can produce.
- The essence of all mantras